I get a lot of questions regarding how to increase followers on Soundcloud on PM. Decided to write this small general overview of my behavior on SC: Are you an artist, promo channel or listener? Note that this is written for artists on SoundCloud and not for general users or bot accounts/promo channels wanting to increase followers.
- Follow back fellow artists and labels! Are you Kygo? The Chainsmokers? Do you think you’re the shit? Well, your not. Your most likely some producer/artist nobody ever heard of, so unless you make truly amazing music that shines through the other thousands of songs posted every day on the web with millions of plays in a month, chances are you’re a “Nobody” in the larger music community. My policy on SC is to follow back artists and record labels only (true labels, not fake promo bot ones). You can add up to 2000 follows on SC, use that
quota! On the other hand, if a user without tracks adds me, I count that as a fan follow and won’t follow back.
- Unfollow the
unfollowers! Many artists on Soundcloud use bots to follow then unfollow other users after a specific algorithm. Often you get a follow, without any likes or comments on your song, and then get unfollowed after a couple of days. The principle is that if you follow unfollow enough people, you will get thousands of followers eventually cuz most people don’t bother checking who follows back on Soundcloud. I use unfollowspy.com now and again just to make sure I’m not following artists or labels that don’t follow back.
- Build a network! Find songs that you like? Like the style and production of a fellow artist on Soundcloud? Like, follow and comment. Send private messages and tell them that you like their songs. Give honest feedback and ask for feedback. You will soon have a small army of artists where you repost, comment and like
each-otherssong, but don’t do this at a massive scale (only if you like their songs!) and keep it to your particular style.
- Don’t do random follows! I don’t follow someone without first listening to their music, liking and maybe dropping a comment. Why? Cuz if you just add random users, you won’t have any connection to them and it’s highly unlikely they will hear out your songs. Also, if you make EDM music and follow a lot of heavy metal artists, you will quickly find out that there is no use in having them on your following list. Why? Cuz all of their listeners (real ones) are most likely into heavy metal music and won’t check your songs out even if reposted.
- Don’t add promo channels! They will without a doubt unfollow you and they are normally BOT driven.
- Drop a like on playlists! If you come over listeners without tracks that have a lot of playlists and you happen to like one of them, dropping
a likewill pop up on their Soundcloud app and they might check you out!
- Make Playlists! If I like an artist, I often add their songs to my playlists for later listening. This is probably the greatest honor you can give to a fellow artist on Soundcloud and kick start a relationship for collaboration!
- Give back more and be generous! The Soundcloud community is mostly filled with selfish jerks that think their music is the shit. Many users have insane egos. If you start giving comments, feedbacks, likes, reposts etc. in such a community without asking for something back, you might get something in return in the future.
- Make good music! All of the above is useless though if you make crappy tunes in your genre. But that is the good thing with Soundcloud. You can find artists that master many aspects of the genre you’re making music with and actually ask them for feedback. Trouble mastering? Does chord build? Mixing issues? Work on them and don’t release songs until you have done your best to make it sound as clean and nice as possible.
- Buying real followers on Soundcloud
? Theonly real site that offers real followers on the net currently is repostexchange.com. I used their promo follower packs twice, and it gave my account a huge follower boost in the beginning. But note, most of these followers might unfollow you after 2 weeks unless you follow back ( repostexchangehas a system to check and if they unfollow they will be punished).
Thats it for now! If you have more advice, please add to the comments section below!